Have you ever dusted your home, then stepped out for a few hours, and when you returned there was a fine layer of dust covering everything?
If so, then this post was written for you.
Why does my house get so dusty in such a short period of time? That’s a common question many of us have and in this
We’ll also share with you a simple method for how to cure this annoying dust problem, so you can enjoy a cleaner home for longer periods of time. Hint: it’s a type of dust removal machine.
But first, you have to know what causes dust. This is what we’re going to go over next.
The Main Causes of Dust
Dust is tiny, microscopic airborne particles. It’s made up of many things, including particles from pollen, pet dander, skin flakes, food debris, insects, rodent droppings, mold spores, allergens, and more.
The most common causes of dust include, but are not limited to:
- Dirty Ventilation: Your ventilation system or heating and
coolingsystem cyclesyour home’s air through a series of vents before expelling it back into your immediate area. If the filters and vents are dirty or dusty, it picks up dust particles and sends them airborne, and the filters won’t be able to catch them.
- Dry Skin: Your skin naturally flakes off, but dry skin makes it worse. Many people experience dry skin in the colder winter months, and you can see a large increase in the amount of skin that flakes off.
- Humidity: High humidity above 60 percent gives dust mites and mold excellent growing conditions. The higher your humidity is, the more dust you’ll see around your home. You can avoid this by keeping your humidity levels closer to 40 percent all year long.
- Open Windows: Opening your windows lets you get a fresh breeze through your home. Unfortunately, it also lets pollen and other small particles stream into your house that the get trapped when you close the windows again. Most people are aware that they should keep their windows closed on high pollen days to keep these particles out of their homes. However, even when pollen isn’t rampant it’s a good idea to not open your windows. For example, if you live in a city, soot and automobile exhaust can easily build up inside your home if the windows are left open.
- Pets: Almost every pet produces pet dander. Pet dander consists of flakes from an animal’s skin and coat as well as tiny saliva particles. You can prevent pet dander from building up and causing dust inside your house by regularly grooming your pet and keeping them off of the furniture.
The Easiest Way to Remove Dust from Your Home
If you were wondering, “Why does my house get so dusty?” you now have the answer. If you want to know “Why is my bedroom so dusty?” we have a separate article on that topic too.
However, you’re now probably wondering how can you cut down on the amount of dust that shows up inside your home.
The answer is an air purifier.
A lot of people question do air purifiers help with dust, and the answer is an astounding yes! You can help lower the amount of dust that is present in your home by purchasing and using this specialized type of dust removal machine. This simple device helps catch dust particles and keep them contained in an internal filtration system.
The best types of air purifiers for dust are ones that use a HEPA filter. HEPA filters can catch and trap dust particles as small as 0.3 microns. That includes most everything that causes a dusty house
Once you have an air purifier running, you’ll quickly notice a difference in your home’s dust levels. By operating it 24/7, you may even get rid of most of the dust indoors and rarely see it come back. In fact, this machine is one of the
So, give one a try.